- Registration for the 2015 Alpine Races half-marathon, 5k and kiddie races is now OPEN. Check the Alpine Races page for full details.
- If your goal or dream is to complete the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 11th, or another fall marathon, the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) can help you make it happen. For information and registration, click here.
- Download the 2015 Alpine Circuit Leaderboard here. It is current through March 18. To submit updates and corrections either visit the surveys page (must be logged in) or notify us via email.
- It is not too early to save the date for the 2015 Alpine Runners Holiday party. Many say last year was the best ever so help us top that. Saturday, December 5, 2015.
- We have several group runs every week. For all the details visit our Training & Resources page.
Join the Alpine Runners Today!
We meet every Saturday morning at the Lake Zurich High School parking lot, 300 Church St... at 7:00 am for training/fun runs or Marathon Training! We have established courses from 4 to 22 miles, with mile markers from 1 to 20 miles. Water and Gatorade every 2 to 3 miles distributed by club volunteers. Every Saturday morning at 7:00 am we start running in groups, grouped by running pace, 7:30 minute milers to 12:00 minute milers. The groups start off a few minutes apart to avoid large crowds on the streets. If you run a 12 minute mile pace or a 7:30 minute mile pace, we have a group for you.
We welcome all runners and encourage you to give us a try, no matter what your experience is. We have runners working up to 4 miles, runners training for their first 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon, as well as seasoned marathon and ultramarathon runners of all sizes and speeds.
In the summer months there are pace group leaders for those training for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon or other Fall Marathons. We have supported training runs on Saturdays at 7:00 AM from the Lake Zurich High School, 300 Church St., Lake Zurich and on Sundays at 7:00 Am from Busse Woods in Schaumburg just ¼ mile east of the 53 underpass on Gold Road into Busse Woods on the south parking lot. We also have several walkers out there on Saturdays. Come for the training and the Gatorade, and you'll stay for the camaraderie!
And club members running and volunteering at the Bank of American Chicago Marathon get exclusive free access to the Club hospitality suite at the Chicago Hilton. It is a terrific alternative to gear check, runner reunite and just staying warm before the race!
Annual single membership dues are only $25 and an annual family membership is $35.
Signing up after September 1? Your membership will be valid for the remainder of this year and all of next year!
Three year membership discounts are available for both single and family memberships.
- If you are signing up for the first time, click the "Member Signup" link on the left to enroll (it's fast and easy) or you may contact club President Beth Onines for more information.
- If you are renewing your membership, first log in to the website. If you are a Primary Member and are up for renewal, you then will see a "Renew Now" link at the top of the page. Click on it to go to the renewal page where you may renew your membership with a few mouseclicks.
NOTE: Memberships can only be renewed by the Primary member. Family members will not see the "renew" prompt.