- Registration for the 2015 Alpine Races half-marathon, 5k and kiddie races is now OPEN. Check the Alpine Races page for full details.
- If your goal or dream is to complete the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 11th, or another fall marathon, the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) can help you make it happen.
- Download the 2015 Alpine Circuit Leaderboard here. It is current through August 24. To submit updates and corrections either visit the surveys page (must be logged in) or notify us via email.
- It is not too early to save the date for the 2015 Alpine Runners Holiday party. Many say last year was the best ever so help us top that. Saturday, December 5, 2015.
- We have several group runs every week. For all the details visit our Training & Resources page.
Alpine Runners Training Programs
Alpine Runners Fall 5k Training Program
This 8-week training program will get you from a non-aerobic fitness level of running to finishing the Alpine Races 5K on September 13 or other fall 5K races in the area. You can use this training program to help you steadily build up your mileage. Includes 2015 Alpine Runners Club membership.
Alpine Runners Half Marathon Training Program
This 14-week training program will get you from an aerobic fitness level of running 2 miles to
finishing the Alpine Half Marathon on September 13. Includes 2015 Alpine Runners Club membership.
CARA Marathon Training Program
If your goal or dream is to complete the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 11 or another fall marathon, the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) can help you make it happen. This year, Alpine Runners is partnering with CARA for our marathon training program. Members must log in to register.
Alpine Kids Free Running Camp 2015
- Alpine Runners Free Kids Running Camp to be held Monday nights from 6:00-6-30 pm starting June 22nd and continuing until August 31st.
- All participating kids must register at www.alpinerunners.com. Parents are required to stay within Paulus park for the sessions.(If a child needs any medications, it is the parents responsibility to have it available and prepared).
- Kids camp will meet at the Pavilion in Paulus Park (200 South Rand Rd. in Lake Zurich).
- Parents volunteers are needed. If you are available, please email email@example.com with your age group preference: 6-8,9-11 or 12-14.
- Due to the incredible response registration is closed.
Join the Alpine Runners Today!
We meet every Saturday morning at the Lake Zurich High School parking lot, 300 Church St... at 7:00 am for training/fun runs or Marathon Training! We have established courses from 4 to 22 miles, with mile markers from 1 to 20 miles. Water and Gatorade every 2 to 3 miles distributed by club volunteers. Every Saturday morning at 7:00 am we start running in groups, grouped by running pace, 7:30 minute milers to 12:00 minute milers. The groups start off a few minutes apart to avoid large crowds on the streets. If you run a 12 minute mile pace or a 7:30 minute mile pace, we have a group for you.
We welcome all runners and encourage you to give us a try, no matter what your experience is. We have runners working up to 4 miles, runners training for their first 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon, as well as seasoned marathon and ultramarathon runners of all sizes and speeds.
In the summer months there are pace group leaders for those training for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon or other Fall Marathons. We have supported training runs on Saturdays at 7:00 AM from the Lake Zurich High School, 300 Church St., Lake Zurich and on Sundays at 7:00 Am from Busse Woods in Schaumburg just ¼ mile east of the 53 underpass on Gold Road into Busse Woods on the south parking lot. We also have several walkers out there on Saturdays. Come for the training and the Gatorade, and you'll stay for the camaraderie!
And club members running and volunteering at the Bank of American Chicago Marathon get exclusive free access to the Club hospitality suite at the Chicago Hilton. It is a terrific alternative to gear check, runner reunite and just staying warm before the race!
Annual single membership dues are only $25 and an annual family membership is $35.
Signing up after September 1? Your membership will be valid for the remainder of this year and all of next year!
Three year membership discounts are available for both single and family memberships.
- If you are signing up for the first time, click the "Member Signup" link on the left to enroll (it's fast and easy) or you may contact club President Beth Onines for more information.
- If you are renewing your membership, first log in to the website. If you are a Primary Member and are up for renewal, you then will see a "Renew Now" link at the top of the page. Click on it to go to the renewal page where you may renew your membership with a few mouseclicks.
NOTE: Memberships can only be renewed by the Primary member. Family members will not see the "renew" prompt.