Alpine Runners of Lake Zurich
The Alpine Runners
One of the largest and best organized
running clubs in Chicagoland!
- Alpine Races results are up. Thanks to all the runners and volunteers for a terrific race!
- Download the 2013 Alpine Circuit Leaderboard here. It is current through December 10. Visit the surveys page to submit updates and corrections.
- Thursday evening runs have started on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm sharp at the Cuba Marsh Forest Preserve entrance located on the south side of Cuba Rd just about ¼ mile west of Ela Rd., Barrington. Distances and paces vary from 3 to 6.4 miles or more if you take different loops! If anyone wishes to have a beer after the runs, they will be allowed only by the picnic tables only, not in the parking lot!
Join the Alpine Runners Today!
We meet every Saturday morning at the Lake Zurich High School parking lot, 300 Church St... at 7:00 am for training/fun runs or Marathon Training! We have established courses from 4 to 22 miles, with mile markers from 1 to 20 miles. Water and Gatorade every 2 to 3 miles distributed by club volunteers. Every Saturday morning at 7:00 am we start running in groups, grouped by running pace, 7:30 minute milers to 12:00 minute milers. The groups start off a few minutes apart to avoid large crowds on the streets. If you run a 12 minute mile pace or a 7:30 minute mile pace, we have a group for you.
We welcome all runners and encourage you to give us a try, no matter what your experience is. We have runners working up to 4 miles, runners training for their first 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon, as well as seasoned marathon and ultramarathon runners of all sizes and speeds.
In the summer months there are pace group leaders for those training for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon or other Fall Marathons. We also have several walkers out there on Saturdays. Come for the training and the Gatorade, and you'll stay for the camaraderie!
And club members running and volunteering at the Bank of American Chicago Marathon get exclusive free access to the Club hospitality suite at the Chicago Hilton. It is a terrific alternative to gear check, runner reunite and just staying warm before the race!
Annual single membership dues are only $25 and an annual family membership is $35.
Signing up after September 1? Your membership will be valid for the remainder of this year and all of next year!
Three-year individual and family memberships are also available.
- If you are signing up for the first time, click the "Member Signup" link on the left to enroll (it's fast and easy) or you may contact club President Beth Onines for more information.
- If you are renewing your membership, first log in to the website. If you are a Primary Member and are up for renewal, you then will see a "Renew Now" link at the top of the page. Click on it to go to the renewal page where you may renew your membership with a few mouseclicks.
NOTE: Memberships can only be renewed by the Primary member. Family members will not see the "renew" prompt.