- Register today for the 36th Annual Alpine Races 1/2 marathon, 5k Youth Mile and Kiddie Fun Runs, to be held on Sunday, September 28. Visit the Alpine Races page for all the details.
- Download the 2014 Alpine Circuit Leaderboard here. It is current through July 10. To submit updates and corrections either visit the surveys page (must be logged in) or notify us via email.
- We have several group runs every week. For all the details visit our Training & Resources page.
2014 Training Program and Club Membership Combos!
Do you have a goal of completing your first 5k, half-marathon or full
marathon? Are you looking for additional training and support? If so you might want to consider a 1 year
combination membership and Alpine Training Program.
Join the Alpine Runners and participate in an Alpine Training Program. For one price you get Club membership for one year (expires 12/31/14) and enrollment in the Training Program of your choice. Participants will train with the Alpine Runners with experienced group leaders at different paces and water & Gatorade stations every couple of miles. You'll also receive a singlet, attend informative clinics, receive all the literature and more!
Join the Alpine Runners Today!
We meet every Saturday morning at the Lake Zurich High School parking lot, 300 Church St... at 7:00 am for training/fun runs or Marathon Training! We have established courses from 4 to 22 miles, with mile markers from 1 to 20 miles. Water and Gatorade every 2 to 3 miles distributed by club volunteers. Every Saturday morning at 7:00 am we start running in groups, grouped by running pace, 7:30 minute milers to 12:00 minute milers. The groups start off a few minutes apart to avoid large crowds on the streets. If you run a 12 minute mile pace or a 7:30 minute mile pace, we have a group for you.
We welcome all runners and encourage you to give us a try, no matter what your experience is. We have runners working up to 4 miles, runners training for their first 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon, as well as seasoned marathon and ultramarathon runners of all sizes and speeds.
In the summer months there are pace group leaders for those training for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon or other Fall Marathons. We also have several walkers out there on Saturdays. Come for the training and the Gatorade, and you'll stay for the camaraderie!
And club members running and volunteering at the Bank of American Chicago Marathon get exclusive free access to the Club hospitality suite at the Chicago Hilton. It is a terrific alternative to gear check, runner reunite and just staying warm before the race!
Annual single membership dues are only $25 and an annual family membership is $35.
Signing up after September 1? Your membership will be valid for the remainder of this year and all of next year!
Three-year individual and family memberships are also available.
- If you are signing up for the first time, click the "Member Signup" link on the left to enroll (it's fast and easy) or you may contact club President Beth Onines for more information.
- If you are renewing your membership, first log in to the website. If you are a Primary Member and are up for renewal, you then will see a "Renew Now" link at the top of the page. Click on it to go to the renewal page where you may renew your membership with a few mouseclicks.
NOTE: Memberships can only be renewed by the Primary member. Family members will not see the "renew" prompt.