- SAVE THE DATE Sunday, August 21, 2016. Alpine Predictor. Details SOON!
- SAVE THE DATE Sunday, September 11, 2016. 38th Annual Alpine Races! Registration is open!
- SAVE THE DATE Saturday, December 3, 2006. Annual Club Holiday Party.
- Download the 2016 Alpine Circuit Leaderboard here. It is current through July 23. To submit updates and corrections either visit the surveys page (must be logged in) or notify us via email.
- We have several group runs every week. For all the details visit our Training & Resources page.
Alpine Runners Training Programs
Alpine Runners Spring 5K Training Program
This 8-week training program will get you from a non-aerobic fitness level of running to finishing the
Arlington Stampede 5K in Arlington Heights on July 2 or the Barrington Run for the Arts 5K on July 4. You can use this training program to help you steadily build up your mileage. Includes 2016 Alpine Runners Club membership.
Alpine Runners Fall 5k Training Program
This 8-week training program will get you from a non-aerobic fitness level of running to finishing the Alpine Races 5K on September 11 or other fall 5K races in the area. You can use this training program to help you steadily build up your mileage. Includes 2016 Alpine Runners Club membership.
Alpine Runners Half Marathon Training Program
This 14-week training program will get you from an aerobic fitness level of running 2 miles to
finishing the Alpine Half Marathon on September 11. Includes 2016 Alpine Runners Club membership.
Alpine Kids Free Running Camp 2016
- The Alpine Runners will be hosting a free kid’s running camp for ages 6 through 14 on Monday nights from 6:00pm to 6:30pm starting Monday, June 27 and going through Monday, August 29 at Paulus Park, 200 S. Rand Road, Lake Zurich. No camp July 4. We continue the running camp through August so the kids will be able to participate in the Kids Alpine Races Sunday, September 11, 2016. We have RRCA Certified Running Coaches volunteering for the kids running camp! For insurance, we do need the parents to register the kids at www.alpinerunners.com and to stay within Paulus Park. If a child needs any medications, please have it available and prepared. We do need some volunteers from the parents so if you could volunteer please give us your age preference of ages 6-8, 9-11 or 12-14 to email@example.com.
Why should children run? Foundation Sport – Brings sense of Self confidence – Teaches patience and discipline – Healthy life long sport – We know if we can teach a child they can run and you have changed their life.
The reason to do sports is first and foremost for fun and to promote and
create a healthy lifestyle for your children.
4 keys for a kid’s running program – Pace, Patience, Practice, and most of all Fun.
Join the Alpine Runners Today!
We meet every Saturday morning at the Lake Zurich High School parking lot, 300 Church St... at 7:00 am for training/fun runs or Marathon Training! We have established courses from 4 to 22 miles, with mile markers from 1 to 20 miles. Water and Gatorade every 2 to 3 miles distributed by club volunteers. Every Saturday morning at 7:00 am we start running in groups, grouped by running pace, 7:30 minute milers to 12:00 minute milers. The groups start off a few minutes apart to avoid large crowds on the streets. If you run a 12 minute mile pace or a 7:30 minute mile pace, we have a group for you.
We welcome all runners and encourage you to give us a try, no matter what your experience is. We have runners working up to 4 miles, runners training for their first 5k, 10k, half marathon or full marathon, as well as seasoned marathon and ultramarathon runners of all sizes and speeds.
In the summer months there are pace group leaders for those training for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon or other Fall Marathons. We have supported training runs on Saturdays at 7:00 AM from the Lake Zurich High School, 300 Church St., Lake Zurich and on Sundays at 7:00 Am from Busse Woods in Schaumburg just ¼ mile east of the 53 underpass on Gold Road into Busse Woods on the south parking lot. We also have several walkers out there on Saturdays. Come for the training and the Gatorade, and you'll stay for the camaraderie!
And club members running and volunteering at the Bank of American Chicago Marathon get exclusive free access to the Club hospitality suite at the Chicago Hilton. It is a terrific alternative to gear check, runner reunite and just staying warm before the race!
Annual single membership dues are only $25 and an annual family membership is $35.
Signing up after September 1? Your membership will be valid for the remainder of this year and all of next year!
Three year membership discounts are available for both single and family memberships.
- If you are signing up for the first time, click the "Member Signup" link on the left to enroll (it's fast and easy) or you may contact club President Beth Onines for more information.
- If you are renewing your membership, first log in to the website. If you are a Primary Member and are up for renewal, you then will see a "Renew Now" link at the top of the page. Click on it to go to the renewal page where you may renew your membership with a few mouseclicks.
NOTE: Memberships can only be renewed by the Primary member. Family members will not see the "renew" prompt.