About the Alpine Runners
About the Club
The Alpine Runners is one of the largest running clubs in the Chicagoland area. The "Saturday Morning" training run is the most popular year-round. Mileage varies from 4 miles to 22 miles, depending on the individual, season, and weather. All routes are complete with "water stops" that have Gatorade and water.
Pace groups start from 7:30 minutes per mile and increase in 30-second increments to 12:00 minutes per mile. During "marathon season" upwards of 200 people can show up on a Saturday morning.
We always welcome visitors to any of our runs, but please be prepared to sign our waiver before the run for liability reasons! After your first visit, we know you will want to join the Alpine Runners!
For 40 years the club has put on an annual race with distances varying from 5k to a half-marathon and "kiddie races." See the Alpine Races page for information about this year's races.
- Free Training Programs with membership
- Saturday Long Runs all year long (4-22 mile routes)
- Aid stations every 2-3 miles every Saturday in Lake Zurich.
- Pace Group Leaders for Fall Training
- 2 great locations for Fall Marathon Training (Lake Zurich on Saturdays / Busse Woods on Sundays)
- Group Runs 6 days per week
- Access to RRCA Certified Running Coaches
- Fall/Spring Destination Group Trail Runs
- Special Events
Your 2017 Alpine Board Members
Front: Alice Chin Rittle, Beth Onines, Tony Contillo, Ilisa Bush, Rhonda Forth
Rear: Ted Gallagher, Doug Pitchford, Mary Ann Zemla, Phil Micek, Mary Hunt, Brian Foss.
Absent: Glenn Jewett