About the Alpine Circuit
The Alpine Circuit was designed to target and promote participation in races that are both well done and fun to do. The circuit should also bring recognition to the club and enjoyment for the club’s membership in a competitive atmosphere. The circuit will be open to club members only. The circuit will begin January 1 and end December 31. Awards will be given at a designated announced date. This year we will be following the CARA Runners' Choice Circuit.
Alpine Circuit Rules
Points will be awarded in the following manner. Points may be received from one of the following categories:
Showing up at an Alpine Circuit Race to show support - 1 point
Running in an Alpine Circuit Race - 2 points
Volunteering at a Alpine Circuit Race in which Alpine Runners recruits volunteers - 2 points
Setting a yearly personal record at that distance in an Alpine Circuit Race - 3 points
Placing first, second or third overall or in your age division if the race awards those positions. For members of a team to earn Circuit points, all members of the team must be Alpine Runners - 4 points
Additionally, one bonus point will be awarded for wearing official Alpine Runners clothing during the race. To receive this point, the logo must be visible during the race.
The Alpine Circuit will consist of fifteen races. Only the top ten performances will count for accumulated points. The fifteen races will be decided by a simple majority vote of the general membership.
Awards will be given to the top three men and top three women finishers in the Circuit.
To avoid ties, the following will be used as tie breakers:
- 1st Tie Breaker – Total gross points from all circuit races.
- 2nd Tie Breaker – Least races with most gross points.
- 3rd Tie Breaker – Best 10k time in the Circuit that year.
2019 Alpine Circuit
- Download the Circuit Leaderboard here. (coming soon)
- Use the form in the Surveys section of the website or this link to report your participation in an Alpine Circuit race (must be logged in).
- The data for the Leaderboard come from two sources: Via member
self-reporting on our website and by us using Microsoft Excel
spreadsheet database functions to match race result files to the Club
roster. The spelling of both your first and last names in race results
must match our member database exactly or Excel won't find your name.
We do want everyone's results to be accurate so do not hesitate to
either send us an email or use the Circuit Self-Reporting function in
the Survey section of the website to notify us of any errors or
- Updated Circuit Leaderboards are generally posted on this website within a week of an Alpine Circuit race.
- Is your name missing? Anything else need correcting? Any concerns with the data? Please email us
View a list of the CARA Runner's Choice Circuit Races HERE